Help:Upload File Extensions
When you are trying to upload a file and get rejected because of the file extension, you need to add that file extension to the list of acceptable ones. This requires editing a file on the wiki webserver. Here's what you do:
- FTP to the webserver at hades.mech.northwestern.edu. You will need a username and password (talk to Michael Peshkin).
- Download the LocalSettings.php file from the /www/wiki directory.
- Edit the LocalSettings.php file. (<font color="Red" DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING YOU DON'T KNOW HOW </font>)
- Near the bottom of the file you will see a $wgFileExtensions key and a list of filetypes.
- Add your filetype to the list.
- Upload the LocalSettings.php file to the webserver, overwriting the old one.
NOTE: Don't upload *.exe files, zip them first.